(In the video I used Apotheus Silverman’s maze script.)
- Export your creation, if it’s not already stored on your harddrive
- Zip it
- Create a new account or log into your existing account
- Click on Dashboard > New Post on the top navigation menu
- Name your creation
- Upload a snapshot of your creation by clicking the image icon after Upload/Insert
- Click on “featured image” on the image preview, then on “insert into post”. (The featured image is the one that will be shown in the slideshow, grid and preview.)
- Below the image, upload your creation by clicking the download icon after Upload/Insert
- Again, click on “insert into post”, this will create a link to the download.
- Add a description, more images, some information about which viewer to use when importing it, anything you like or think is important.
- Optionally, link to additional resources, informations, your blog, anything that’s related to the creation.
- Pick one or several categories the creation fits in.
- Optionally, add tags that describe your creation further. (Think of tags as something like finely grained subcategories.)
- Optionally, check “Show in slideshow”, if you want it to be shown in the slideshow on the front page, and not in the latest entries.
- Pick a license for your creation by checking one of the buttons below the post, or include a link to or the text of the license you want to use for the creation.
- Finally, click on Publish.
- Your creation should appear instantly on opensim-creations.com
For advanced users:
- If you are using the same instructions for several entries, you can create a separate post for the instructions and link to them every time they’re required (the Tutorials section is useful for that). This saves you some time copy/pasting the same text into each post, and also makes it easier to update the instructions. Likewise, you can link to the instructions of others if you find them appropriate for your creations.
- If you want to disable the ratings for your post, click on “Post Stars Rating” on the top right of the post editor and choose “Locked” or “Locked and hidden”. This section lets you change other settings for ratings as well.
- OSC uses slickr flickr to include flickr streams into posts. If you want to include a flickr stream into your post, you can use this shortcut – where 1578921@N24 is the flickr id of the stream you want (find out the flickr id with idgettr)1. This way, you can include your own flickr snapshots and future snapshots will be shown automatically. Also, you can create a flickr group for your creations and include that into your posts. If you want to restrict the stream to certain pictures, you can specify the stream to only show pictures with certain tags. This example will only show pictues from the TGIB group tagged with “TGIB table cloth”.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
- if it’s a group stream, make sure to include
group="y"into the code [↩]