What is OpenSim Creations?
OpenSim Creations (OSC) is a site for publishing assets for use in OpenSim and Second Life based virtual worlds.
Who can publish creations?
Anyone can! Just sign up and start posting, it’s easy and free.
What creations can I publish?
Anything for OpenSim or Second Life which you either made yourself, or have the rights to publish (e.g. because it’s licensed as creative commons, open source, etc.).
Can I sell my creations?
We ask for your creations to be publicly licensed (either creative commons or a similar license). However, you can restrict certain uses (e.g. commercial ones, or modifications) and ask for a licensing fee for these. OpenSim-Creations.com does not provide a payment option at the moment, though.
Who is behind OpenSim-Creations.com?
What are the Terms of Servce?
OpenSim Creations does not have any Terms of Service. The website and the provider are located in Germany, so the operation and content of the website is regulated by german law. Beyond that, no further terms and conditions are deemed necessary.
How do you handle legal issues?
Any legal request must adhere to the legislation of the Federal Republic of Germany. If you have any legal issues, be they about insult, libel, copyright or anything else, you must make sure that
- You are the party holding a right to the request,
- You have already contacted the user in question and have given them ample time to react,
- Your request is legal under german law,
- You specify your request in detail,
- You provide proof for your claim which makes it readily possible for the provider to determine whether your request is valid or not,
- All legal correspondence must be in german,
- Requests may be sent via Email to oscreations [at] tgib [dot] co [dot] uk.
What software do you use?
OSC uses wordpress as the main software, bundled with buddypress to handle community tools, and bbpress to handle the forums software. The theme is Sight by WPShower.
For statistics, we use Statpress reloaded and Google Analytics Webalizer.
Where can I find more information?
[Update August 12 2011: As of today, OpenSim Creations stops using Google Analytics, and instead uses Webalizer.]
[Update October 22 2011: Disabled all statistics for OSC.]
[Update January 10 2013: Added TOS and legal section.]